Many unfortunate incidents can cause you to lose your mobile data, like you contacts and your SMS. This might be very troublesome and could end you up in a bad position, but gladly it has an easy solution, precaution.
Always stay backed up
Taking precautionary steps like backing up your data can prevent you from losing important files, from your contacts to important conversations saved in your SMS threads.
To back up your contacts and your SMS files on an android phone, you are required to follow a certain procedure consisting of a few steps, which are not at all difficult to follow.
Backing up your contacts
If your contacts are backed up and you lose your contacts on your phone, then you can easily use the backup file to store them again
To do so you will need to following steps:
- Using Gmail:
- Select the settings menu in your phone
- Track ‘accounts and sync’ option and click on it.
- Select your email address then from the menu and then click on the ‘sync now’ option.
- Your contacts and all your app data will be saved online, on Gmail.
- They can be now accessed from anywhere anytime through Gmail.
- Backing up contacts manually :-
If your Smartphone doesn’t have an inbuilt option to backup then you can backup your Contacts individually.
If an inbuilt backup facility isn’t available in your android smartphone then you can back your contacts up individually by following the following steps:
- Load your Contacts.
- Select Menu.
- Click on the option that says “Import/Export or Export to SD”.
- If permission is required, grant it by clicking on yes.
- A copy of your contacts will be saved as a file on your microSD card.
Backing up your SMS
SMS can often contain data you would want to keep, gladly, this is completely possible. Once you backup your SMS file you can access them whenever.
To backup your SMS fron an android phone you will have to follow the steps stated below:
- Through SMS Backup and Restore app:
You can create a backup of all the text messages on your android smartphone using multiple apps. These apps create a safe, complete and authentic copy of all your messages and stores them into a single file, saving it in your desired location. One of the best apps for the purpose is the ‘SMS backup and restore’ app. Using this app you can store a backup of your messages on a microSD card or PC. All you have to do is follow the steps:
- Download the app onto your PC from Google Play store, you can do so by signing into Google Play using an Gmail ID or you can create a new account and then log into Google Play.
- Install the app on your phone.
Launch the app on your phone and select ‘Backup’ option, a copy of all your SMS will automatically be saved on your microSD card.